Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC) of the Philadelphia Region supports families on their children's medical journeys with a community of comfort and hope. We envision a world where every family can focus on their child's well-being.
Our two Ronald McDonald House® programs provide temporary lodging, transportation, meals, and social services to families who travel to Philadelphia for pediatric care. Our three Ronald McDonald Family Room® programs extend the support of our Houses into the hospital setting and offer a quiet respite space for families at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Ronald McDonald Camp is a week-long overnight camp for children with cancer and their siblings held in the Pocono Mountains every August. The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®, operated in partnership with St. Christopher’s Foundation for Children, provides comprehensive and continuous oral healthcare to children in North Philadelphia.
Proceeds from donations made at local McDonald’s restaurants make up approximately 10% of our annual revenue, with the remaining 90% generated through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations. It costs RMHC of the Philadelphia Region $165 a night per family to provide housing and supportive services; however, families are only asked to contribute $25 per night. No one is ever turned away due to inability to pay and the House waives approximately half the nightly fees annually.